Monday, 8 December 2014

My Bucket List.

Writing a bucket list is something I've always wanted to do. I've always been profoundly aware that what i have will end some day, but I never had the right platform to share the things I want to do, and so I never thought it out completely before. So here lies, the definitive edition.


1. Become somebody.

Okay so I know I'm already a person, but I mean somebody. I want to do something with my life that leaves a legacy. Ideally I would write the best novel anyone has ever read and it would imprint on people's lives and make a difference. Alternatively I could write a mediocre book that speaks to a few people, that'd be pretty great. But realistically, and short term, this is why I want to teach. I want someone to remember me fondly and for me to have made a difference.


2. Travel.

Ive never travelled far, France, Mallorca etc. I want to experience everything. I'd like to colour in a blank map, with all the places I've been.



3. Photograph the Aurora Borealis.




4. See the ball drop in Times Square NY on New Year's Eve.




5. Visit Amsterdam, and see the Van Gogh museum, and the Anne Frank museum, and everything else.




6. Go to rome, see the Colosseum, Pantheon, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain etc.





7. Conquer my fears.

Both rational and irrational. I'm scared of spiders and sharks. This I feel is irrational. Panic setting in and finding it hard to breathe when theres a spider on my bedroom wall can, surprisingly, have a negative effect on my life (as does spending the following week staring at the walls looking for more like a gibbering wreck).


8. Conquer my nerves.

It is completely normal to have a fight or flight reaction when you're facing off a bear, or are jumping from a plane, or are going for surgery. Recently however I've found myself getting hot and cold flashes, feeling sick, and becoming quite agitated over the smallest things. Going into university for class, assignment deadlines, and other stressful but not-life-threatening things. I'm also reacting to excitement, the same hot and cold flashes, when I bought a new laptop, or when I think about christmas. Its happening once or twice a day now and I think I need to get a handle on it.


9. Make enough money.

I know most people want money, more than they have. I want to have enough that I can do what I love without having to work 60 hours a week as well, just to pay the bills. I also want to be able to give to charities, I feel strongly about animal welfare and being able to make a difference would be amazing. Hopefully one day I can open a humane animal shelter, but to do that I'll need a substantial amount of money to begin with. (Also if i want to complete 2-6 I'll need some spare cash too).


10. Be happy.

I know everyone wants to be happy, its a cliche really. I think we all have a choice, to be happy. I don't always make that choice. I like to sit with my dog and watch tv, or play video games, or read, and that's okay because that is what makes me happy. But theres this common misconception that being an introvert and needing time to recharge, alone, cannot possibly make someone happy, but it does. One day I hope that I can spend time alone, and not feel conflicted because of the needs and opinions of others.

Is there anything you want from life? Anything you really want to do? Let me know in the comments.

Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment