Saturday, 31 January 2015

My Skincare Routine. -Out of date, new one coming.





First off I’m going to talk about my skin. I have dehydrated skin. It gets oily, but it’s still dry at the same time. For years I struggled, not really understanding what was wrong, or where I was going wrong. I always used oily moisturisers, believing that because my skin was dry it just needed moisturising, but it never worked. Then, about a year ago I discovered the perfect combination of products to suit my skin, and I’m going to share it with you. Hopefully if you, or anyone you know, is struggling with their skin, this will offer you some help. NB. My skin is also quite sensitive to strong and perfumed products.

STEP 1:
I begin my skin care routine with the Clinique 7 Day Scrub. I only use this every other day. I’m not sure if this is supposed to be used every day, however it’s not too abrasive, and it says 7 days so I’m presuming it can be used every day. The only other thing that could mean is that you only need it once a week, however I personally think scrubs need to be used more often than that.

A lot of people don’t use a scrub in their routine and I want to challenge that. Not only does it remove any dry skin and patches, it also encourages cell renewal which in turn will help reduce black heads and spots.

This scrub is perfect because it’s gentle but effective, and a little bit goes a long way. I’ve used a lot of different scrubs over the years, and since discovering this one I’ve never looked back. At only £19 a tube (which I think is fairly cheap given the brand and quality) it’s something I would definitely recommend.


Once a week, with this scrub, I will also use a small facial loofah. As I said previously, my skin gets very dehydrated and so removing all evidence of dry skin is a must. These loofahs are not too rough, and they are quite cheap. They can be bough from superdrug or boots.


STEP 2:
After this I will use the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild, for skin types 1&2 (Dry, Dry Combination), because I find that it is best for my skin. I love this face wash, it always makes my skin feel so clean, it’s amazing.


STEP 3:
Then I will use the co-ordinating Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 all over my face and neck. Used on a cotton pad it will remove any leftover bits of dry skin on the surface and clean away any left over product or dirt on the face. (not that there should be any after steps 1 and 2. This cleanser can be a little strong on my face, and if I have any spots or cuts it sting quite a little, but at least that means I know it’s really working. I imagine it like the anti-bacterial spray they put on cuts and grazes when you’re a kid. I need to know it’s definitely anti-bacterial and leaving me nice and clean.



STEP 4:
After I’m done washing and cleansing my face, I like to use a water-based moisturiser, because as I’ve said, oily ones don’t work on my skin. The best one I’ve found is the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. This is incredible stuff. A little bit covers the entire face, and it dries in seconds. It eradicates any dry skin and leaves my face feeling supple and looking bright.


(EXTRA) STEP 2.5:
If my skin is feeling particularly dehydrated and dry, I’ll use Clarins HydraQuench Cream Mask. It says 'Specially designed for dehydrated skin', and it's not wrong. This is a light cream that goes on the face for 10 minutes after washing, and is then removed with your usual cleanser/clarifying lotion and you then apply your normal moisturiser after it. It just adds some deep moisture to the skin and makes my face feel rejuvenated.



If you want a cheaper product, The Body Shop do a mask called Aloe Protective Restoring Mask which is also for sensitive skin. It does a very similar job when used the same as the Clarins. I wouldn't recommend leaving it on like a moisturiser as it can be quite greasy.


I know that most of these products are slightly higher end, and aren't affordable on a budget, but I have to say they're really worth it and would be a great investment. Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products, and if you love them as much as I do!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Alexandra, I too have/am suffering from dry spots. I have oily to combination skin. I have used Clinique before but it made my skin really dry so I had to stop it. Since then i used soap free facial cleanser so I know it;s not harsh for the skin. I need to try the aloe restoring mask. that sounds so good.

    Jo of saycheesycake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask is wonderful, I definitely recommend it :) I hope it works for you! x

      Delete
  2. I use the Clinique 3 step skin program too! I have been loving the Sonic System Purifying Brush cleanser. It makes a world of difference!
    It's an investment but it's worth it!
    Love, Charline
    http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want some device like this, I was thinking of the Foreo Luna rather than a brush as my skin breaks and gets aggravated easily so a brush might be too much. I'll look in to getting something though :) thanks! x

      Delete
  3. great post! I love Clinique products, its the only thing that helps my skin in winter. would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've followed you on Bloglovin' and I will definitely be having a look! :) x

      Delete