Saturday, 21 February 2015

30 Beauty Questions Tag.




Okay so I've been a little lax on the posting this week, so I decided to do these questions that I found :)

1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
Does stealing my mum’s concealer stick, putting it allover my face, and getting caught with it in school by a teacher at the age of 13 count? 
  
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
At the moment I’m using Benefit’s Roller Lash, because it’s new and I wanted to try it. Honestly I love it, it’s the best I’ve ever used. Most mascaras curl or lengthen, this does both, and very well.

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Light. I use mostly sheer to light coverage products. My skin is usually in relatively good condition so I don’t need anything heavy, plus, I’m so pale that finding my colour is nearly impossible, so it’s important that what I use isn’t opaque otherwise my face won’t match my neck!

4. Favorite high end brand?
MAC. I’ll always love MAC. Even as I discover new brands and products that I love, I know I can always trust MAC for something good quality.

5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? 
Illamasqua, Chanel, and Dior. 

6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Ooh, I don’t really use drug-store brands too much anymore. I’ll say Maybelline purely because of the quality of their mascaras.

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes? 
Nope, not usually. It’s been a long time.

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
No, I go out all the time without makeup on, I don’t really mind :)


9. What is your most cherished beauty product?

Either my Naked 3 palette, or MAC cremeblend blush in Something Special, purely because it's my all-time favourite.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I usually wait until some kind of wind-fall and buy a few things at once :)

11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely? 
I just spend when I have the extra money.

12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I have cards for Selfridges, Debenhams and Boots etc.

13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Probably lip products. Lipsticks, Glosses, Blams, I love them all :)

14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
Not really. There are certain products that don’t work for me but I’d never rite off a brand because of that.

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Not always no, though it’s good when they’re not in a product that I love.

16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Selfridges. They have just, everything I want.

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I have a pretty good routine that I stick to. I feel like, because a lot of products are too harsh for my skin, that if I try something new and it messes up my skin I’ll have to spend weeks getting it back to where it was, when I could have just stuck to what I know.

18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Sanctuary. AAH Sanctuary. I love the scent, and the products work well with my skin, and they’re just, mmm.

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
 MAC.

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Charlotte Tillbury have some beautiful packaging, I also really like the simplicity of NARS products, but the rubbery ones get dirty sometimes.

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Kim K and Kyle Jenner always looks pretty flawless. I wouldn’t mind some of that :)

22Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Nope.

23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Beauty Crush
Zoella
Lisa Eldridge (Always knows exactly what she’s talking about!)

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I used to use them all the time but I don’t so much anymore. I don’t mind them though :)

25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No I’m usually quite neat but I ALWAYS get mascara on my eyelids. Bane of my life.

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes most of the time, otherwise shadow just doesn’t stick.

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leave-in conditioner
Moisturising oil
Frizz taming spray

5.

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
It depends which products I’m using but usually foundation first because rubbing in my foundation usually moves my concealer and that’s no good.

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Erm, if I was rich and had a bazillion hours of free time. Other than that, self-taught makeup is okay for me, I’d rather focus on my education and career.

30. What do you love about makeup?
I love that someone can completely change the way they look and feel with a face of makeup. It can add so much confidence and add to any outfit for any event. It can be subtle or it can be extreme and as long as you know how to apply it properly you can end up looking bloody amazing :)


1 comment:

  1. Nice post :) x

    Elizabeth - http://diaryofagirl10.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/adventures.html

    ReplyDelete