Sunday, 8 March 2015

5 Drug Store Makeup Must-Haves.



In a recent post on my blog entitled 30 Beauty Questions Tag I was asked the question "What is your favourite drugstore brand?" and I struggled to answer it. I realised I've gotten so obsessed with high end products that I've forgotten my first love, BOOTS!

I decided to branch out and find some great products, and recommend them as a sort-of starter kit/must haves.

1. Soap and Glory 'Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick'.


These are super super light, and don't feel like a lip stick or lip gloss at all. They're very moisturising with a pop of colour. Almost like a tinted balm, but they're also ridiculously easy to use, shaped like a crayon you just smooth them across the lip and, voilĂ . You can read more about these on a post from this week here.

At £8 each these are great as they'll last a significant while. Also if you act fast, Boots currently have an offer, 3 for 2 on selected soap and glory cosmetics.

2. Maybelline 'Falsies Mascara Very Black'.


Maybelline do great mascaras, they're usually good quality especially the falsies. Given that you're supposed to change your mascara very regularly, if you don't have the funds to keep forking out for expensive ones then these are great at around £10 each.

3. Collection 'Lasting Perfection Concealer'.


This concealer is sworn by by many bloggers and makeup gurus alike. It's probably not the best you'll ever use but for £4.19 it covers dark circles and redness, it doesn't wear off easily and the colour range is great. The lightest one is ever so slightly too dark for me but I'm unusually pale and I still used to use this all the time. I'd definitely recommend if you want a good concealer but don't have much money. Given that you could pay a lot more for a product that is a lot worse.

4. Maybelline 'EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow'.


These are such a good product if you want a quick fix, and easy to apply colour on the lids. There is a large selection of colours and all are pretty great. They don't crease, not on me anyway. I'm not sure how they perform on oily eyelids but again at only £4.99 they're worth trying. They could even be used as a base for regular eyeshadow.

5. Max Factor 'Miracle Touch Creamy Blush'.


I have this in soft pink and it's such a lovely naturally flushed red-pink colour. I'm such a huge fan of cream blushers, I have a couple of high end ones but this is a great one too that I sometimes overlook. It's very creamy, easily blendable and buildable, and doesn't move my foundation. Apply it preferably with fingers, as a brush can matt-ify it, and one of the best things about cream blushers is that they are dewy and look natural. Would definitely recommend.

Let me know if you've tried any of these products and loved/hated them. I'd love to hear your opinions :)



10 comments:

  1. I feel as if I should run to Boots immediately, if it wasn't closed I possibly would! x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from the maxfactor blushes, which I haven't tried yet, all of these are products that I absolutely love and swear by! <3

    I posted a video tutorial today, about my day-to-night make up look!
    http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/2015/03/day-to-night-make-up.html

    Love, Charline
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are brilliant, especially for drug store products, you can't go wrong! I'll check out your video now! x

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try any of those! My DS must haves are the Revlon HD glosses, the Revlon Lip Butters, and the Revlon Balm Stains. My fav mascara was dc'd from the drugstore. I also love the L'Oreal Gel Lacque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Revlon's lip products, maybe I will have to! It's disappointing about your favourite mascara. I've used the Gel Lacques and they're great :) Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete
  4. Fab post - I'm always on the hunt for new drugstore buys! I've used the max factor blushes before and love them. Defo want to try the concealer as heard so many good things about it (and it's such a bargain!)

    Beth x

    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a bargain! The concealer is brilliant because it doesn't budge all day! x

      Delete
  5. Love the bashful shade!! I use falsies too and it's amazing!!

    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bashful is my least favourite of the three but I still love it a lot! They're all so amazing x

      Delete