Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Selfridges Haul!



It's that time of year, the time for a splurge. I've got a little money and a long list of things that I want. I think that actually, I was quite restrained this time. I went to Selfridges in the Trafford Centre (I'm lucky enough to live fairly close) and I wanted to share with you the things that I bought, and give you a little 'First Impressions'.


First on the list in NARS 'Radiant Creamy Concealer' in Chantilly. It's actually a pretty good match for my skin. The girl at the counter said it was a little lighter but I had foundation on too, without the foundation it matches my under eye area (that isn't purple) pretty well.


The packaging is lovely. People complain about how the rubbery texture of the packaging (on this it's the lid/applicator handle) because it gets dirty. Actually it rubs clean pretty easily and I love the feeling of it. I have a couple of book covers and hair brush that feel the same and I love it. It's so soft :).


The formulation is super creamy and the doe-foot applicator picks up exactly the right amount of product. It blends beautifully and covers a multitude of imperfections. I'll be doing a blog post next week solely about this product so keep your eyes peeled.












Next I got a few things from MAC. I got a lip pencil and three lipsticks. The lip pencil I got is 'Hip 'n' Happy'.


The colour is really light but on my pale face it doesn't look so light. It'll be a nice addition to any pale lip look.



I find the texture of this much softer and smoother than my other lip pencils. It's really creamy and soft and applies lovely.




I also got my hands on three Lipsticks. I talk through them individually.



First I got hold of Angel. Angel is a 'Frost' finish Lipstick. It's a pale colour but again, on me it doesn't look too light. It's only slightly lighter than my natural lip colour.


You can see here, it looks very soft and velvety on the lips and is quite natural.


The next one I got is Syrup. Syrup is a 'Lustre' finish Lipstick and is darker than the last, but is only slightly darker than my lip colour. Plus, because it is slightly darker it makes my teeth look whiter! :)


This one is much shinier and more glossy. It feels very soft on the lips and is, by far, my favourite of the three.


Lastly I picked up Brave. This is a 'Satin' finish Lipstick. The texture of this is much more Matte than the other two, however it is nowhere near as drying as the Matte Lipsticks.


The colour again is darker than the last but still looks neutral enough. It's similar in its darkness to Whirl Lip Pencil, but it's a lot more pink than brown. It's perfect for those of us who are so pale that Whirl just looks dark brown, but still want to achieve that 'look'.




Last of all I picked up a bottle of Illamasqua Skin Base. I've been after this for a while, purely because of the range of colours that they offer. I struggle to find foundation that matches my skin because it's so pale. Mac NC15 was my go-to for so long but even that was simply too dark. I went to the counter and asked them to match my skin to a shade and came out with SB03 which is the lightest yellow-toned shade that they produce. The foundation itself is very light, it's a light to medium coverage but is buildable if you would like a heavier base. Personally I don't like wearing much on my skin so one layer of this is perfect. (Tip: Use with Illamasqua Hydra Veil, it compliments the product and keeps the skin looking dewy).


You can see on the picture below the difference between Mac's Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 and Illamasqua Skin Base in 03. The Skin base is clearly much lighter.







All in all I'm very satisfied with my purchases :) I'm happy that I finally have foundation and concealer that don't make me look too dark, and some new lipsticks to keep me going :)

Have you tried any of these products? And did you love or hate them? Let me know in the comments :)



6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of these, but the NARS Concealer is on my list.

    www.lindlibraloca.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a brilliant product. I've been writing another post solely about the concealer and it'll be up next week :) x

      Delete
  2. I do like the concealer! I got chantilly as well but find it a little light for some parts of my face but I still enjoy using it. Love the lipstick colours too! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good concealer, and great coverage! Thank you for the comment :) x

      Delete
  3. Cool post!! Those lipsticks are all gorgeous!! And the lip pencil looks awesome xx

    ReplyDelete