Monday, 4 May 2015

Illamasqua Hydra Veil with Skin Base.


I just wanted to do a little (but will probably be long) post about the Illamasqua HydraVeil. It seems popular among bloggers and makeup gurus alike, and I had heard great stuff so I wanted to get a pot for myself!

After debating for a few days I was trawling ASOS and find it on sale for £21.50 instead of the full £30 and so I didn't hesitate.

The packaging is pretty simple, I don't dislike it but it's nothing special. Although they do say that it's what is on the inside that counts ;) It comes with a teeny tiny spatula for handling it which is great so you don't have to shove your fingers in and get all bacteria in there.

When it came I was so intrigued to see for myself the unusual formula that goes from jelly to gel to liquid. Just to show you, I used the little spatula to stir the jelly in the pot and took some photos progressively as it began to go runny in the pot.




It's so cool to mess around with. Anyway on to performance, I wanted to try the Hydra Veil with the Skin Base which I actually only got last week so I've tested it out and taken some pictures to show you what the products work like together and what the Skin Base looks like without the Hydra Veil.

Here on the skin I have just the Hydra Veil on, as you can see it makes the skin very dewy, which is great because the pallor of my skin is so pale, makeup leaves me looking quite chalky and dull sometimes. The hydra veil goes on to the skin wet and dries almost instantly, kind of like a gel-based moisturiser, but it's specifically designed to be used under makeup.


I then applied Skin Base in 03 over the top and as you can see, only a very light layer of the foundation works wonders. It evens out my skin tone and covers all my redness, and with the Hydra Veil underneath it still looks healthy and dewy.


The next picture is the Skin Base without the Hydra Veil. To be completely honest I was shocked at how bad my skin looked. It looks dry and flat and chalky. But I always have this problem, it's no reflection on the quality of the foundation.


I focused on parts of my face here where you can see the dryness without the Hydra Veil.


I'm just unbelievably happy that not only have I found a pale foundation that matches my skin colour but has a complimentary product that provides moisture and depth to the skin.

Have you tried any of the Illamasqua products? And did you love/hate them? Let me know in the comments :).



1 comment:

  1. I had the hydraveil but I just didn't see any difference with it, I'm hoping to try the matt version to see how that one is. I did like the design of the pot & product though, it's very smart.
    I love illamasqua for lip & eye products..And their Katie blush is my all time fav.
    Gill xx EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete